Is your business’s website mobile-friendly? If not, you may want to reassess this decision.
With the release of Google’s ‘mobilegeddon’ search engine update, it’s never been more important for your site to be mobile optimised – both for your search rankings and the user experience.
Smart phone use in Australia is more popular than ever. These days more and more people are turning to their mobile devices as their platform of choice.
Wanting to know how Australian users feel about their online experience, search engine giant Google put together a little survey to find out the answers to these exact questions.
How users feel about their mobile experience
- 67% of users said they’re more likely to purchase a product or service from a site that is mobile-friendly
- 74% of users said they would be more likely to return to a site in the future which has been mobile optimised
- 52% of users said they would be less likely to engage with a company if the mobile experience on their site was bad
- 48% of users become frustrated and annoyed when on sites that have been either been poorly optimised or not optimised at all. 36% of users say they consider time spent on a poorly optimised site to be a complete waste of time
- 48% of users say that if they arrive on a business site that isn’t working well on mobile that they take it as an indication of the business simply not caring
What users want from mobile sites
- 76% of users want to easily find out the location and operating hours of your business
- 78% of users want to be able to find what they’re looking for on your site within one or two clicks – no more. They also want a search bar which is easy to find and use
- 69% of users want mobile sites to have bigger buttons
- 74% of users still want the option to go to the full, non-mobile website to be available
- 76% want mobile pages to fit their screen better. 64% only want to have to scroll up and down without the need to also scroll left to right
In today’s day and age, it’s no surprise websites need to be quicker, more efficient and easy to use. If your current website isn’t mobile-optimised, you may be sending your customers to your competition.
Here at OnePoint Software Solutions, we specialise in responsive website development. Contact a OnePoint team member today on (07) 3444 0045 or shoot through an online enquiry.