In today’s day and age, it’s never been easier for businesses owners to employ a website developer to take a brand online. More often we see operators offer super cheap, websites from as little as $399. And while some businesses have very simple needs to create a simple online presence, businesses looking for more functionality may need to remember the following line before engaging a cheap developer for their project.
“If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional – wait until you hire an amateur.”
It is important to have your vision completely mapped out when employing a website developer, not only for the development cycle; but to ensure you meet exactly what you want to achieve with your website.
Below are some things to consider when looking to take your business online
- Will the website be mobile-friendly?
- Can I make updates to your website when ever I like?
- Can I add additional pages later?
- Will the website be SEO-friendly?
- Will the website be safe from spam?
- Does my website come with tracking information i.e. Google Analytics?
- Will there be consultation and follow-up support?
- Is that support based locally here or overseas?
- Do I own the site?
- What happens if something goes wrong?
- Are there hidden extras?
There are of course wildly different price points for websites in the marketplace – none of which are an indicator of quality.
Here at OnePoint, we strongly believe a great website developer (regardless of the cost) should have an open and honest consultation process, clearly stated support terms, and be able to develop an straightforward quote based on your written brief.
Our team of website experts specialise in bang-for-your-buck website development. We offer fully-integrated services at competitive prices and we’re local too; so unlike some other agency’s, support is provided from our team here in Brisbane.