OnePoint are excited to announce some fantastic news that’s sure to help many of our existing and future clients grow their digital presence!
What is the Small Business Digital Grants Program?
The Program is a funding scheme offered by The Queensland Government to assist business growth in QLD by matching funding up to $10,000. With online competition growing on both a national and international level, it is becoming increasingly difficult for smaller businesses to keep up. Whether you’re looking to streamline your business with a cloud based software system, sell your products online with the power of eCommerce or are ready to digitally market your brand; this is the grant for you.
Matching funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching). The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
Up to 20% of the applicant’s co-contribution amount can be an in-kind element for their personal time being trained in new technologies.
The digital technology or service must fall under one of five identified priority areas:
- digital marketing and social media
- digital content (web pages, mobile apps, media etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning and advice/training.
Payment will be made directly to the business on completion of the project and on presentation of proof of payment for the product or service. The value of the grant payment will be increased to compensate for any GST.
To be eligible the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters or significant Queensland-based operations
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
- The participating business must provide a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business.
Only 1 application per year will be accepted from an individual ABN or business address.
Round 1 has now closed.
Further rounds will open in March and June 2017.
Businesses will be surveyed 12 months after the completion of the project.
Who should apply
All Queensland-based small businesses can apply. The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased will enhance the digital capabilities of the business and help them to be more competitive.
Before applying, please read the Small Business Digital Grants Program Application Guidelines.
How to apply
We are currently not accepting applications. The next round will open in March 2017.
When applying, please refer to the:
How you will be assessed
All applications will be assessed against eligibility criteria. Further assessment will include:
the extent to which the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business to make the business more competitive the potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth value for money.
For further information about the program and application process, refer to the guidelines or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).