Last year we reported on the news that WooCommerce was launching its own payment gateway.
News from the WooCommerce creators broke earlier this morning confirming WooCommerce Payments is now available for Australian online stores.
Built by WooCommerce, for WooCommerce, the new payment gateway solution allows your store to securely accept major credit and debit cards with no setup costs or monthly fees. Obviously, zero monthly fees and no setup costs is a major win for Australian retailers and can help make other larger payment gateway providers become more competitive with their pricing.
With all of your store’s transactions in one place, WooCommerce Payments simplifies the payment process for you and your customers, leaving you with more time to focus on growing your business.
WooCommerce Payments is a fully integrated solution – the first of its kind for Aussie stores powered by Woo. Securely accept credit and debit cards, Apple Pay®, recurring revenue, accelerated checkout, and more – in 100+ currencies.
What are the benefits of WooCommerce Payments?
- Collect payments, track cash flow, handle disputes, and manage recurring revenue directly from your store’s dashboard – without needing to log into a third-party platform.
- Reduce cart abandonment by allowing shoppers to pay you directly without leaving your store.
- Customers can also save their credit card details for faster checkouts in the future.
- Stay on top of chargebacks, disputes, and refunds thanks to the integrated dashboard.
- Get paid – WooCommerce Payments automatically deposits your available balance into your nominated account daily, on a two-day rolling basis.
WooCommerce Payments is now available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy, Spain, and Germany!
WooCommerce Payments Fees for Australian Stores
- Australia1.75% + $0.30 AUD per transaction using a domestic credit or debit card
- 2.9% + $0.30 AUD for transactions paid using a card issued outside Australia
- +2% for conversion of currencies other than AUD
- $25 AUD fee per dispute (refunded if you win the dispute)
If you are looking to integrate WooCommerce Payments with your eCommerce website, please don’t hesitate to contact OnePoint and our team today. Simply call 07 3444 0045 or enquire online and our team will be in contact with you as soon as possible.